Sunday, March 15, 2009

You taste like a burger. I don't like you anymore.


Link
I've had a legitimate man-crush on Paul Rudd ever since I saw "Wet Hot American Summer", so I eagerly read this profile of him by Dennis Lim on the Times' website. Going backwards from his new movie, "I Love You, Man", Lim traces Mr. Rudd's eclectic career with authority, insight, and charm. He touches on the "critical edge" part of our class's celebrity profiles when he brings up the fact that this new movie "fits squarely within the current vogue in American comedy for what sociologists would call homosocial intimacy and what MTV and trend-article writers have termed the bromance." Someone should have done their final on bros of the 21st century.

2 comments:

Colleen Lawrence said...

i just read this article this morning! agreed, someone definitely should've written on bros.

Borch said...

Wow. Just read the article, amazed.